How to plan your walk-in closet
If you're one of those lucky people with the space for a walk-in closet, the planning process can seem slightly daunting. You want this space to be functional and beautiful, and with so much space to work with you might not know where to start. Fortunately, we've compiled the best tips from our design professionals to help you plan the perfect layout for your walk-in closet!
Here are just a few key points to keep in mind:
- Use space above the hanging areas for storing purses and folded items.
- Designate top shelves as overflow storage to stow seldom-used items such as seasonal apparel and luggage.
- Create a focal point by anchoring the space with a built-in dresser or hutch.
- Use adjustable hanging rods to double the storage space and keep related items close together.
- Locate shelving and hanging rods near the door to the closet to create an open feel while entering.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.